Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taco Skillet with Cabbage. My wife loves it.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes, canned
- 5 cups cabbage, fresh and shredded
- 5 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
- 5 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 10 flour tortillas
- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat.
- Stir in taco seasoning and diced tomatoes with their juice.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded cabbage and cook 5-8 minutes, until cabbage is tender. Stir as needed.
- Melt cheese on top.
- Serve either topped with Sour Cream and Tortillas on the side, or wrapped in a tortilla with sour cream.
I really enjoyed this. I used the preshredded coleslaw mix and that worked for me. I ate mine plain but the rest of the family ate it on tortillas and liked it too. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
I had my doubts about this one but it was good. I added a little bit of cumin and chili powder. We had it as tostadas. I put my homemade salsa and sirracha on it.
This is a great way to get extra veggies in the diet. I used ground turkey instead of beef to top our tostadas. Dh didn't even notice the cabbage. I halved the recipe and we have lots left over to freeze for a meal next week. Thanks for posting the recipe.