Recipe by senseicheryl
Coleslaw recipe from the Hungry Girl website. Here is what the website (email) said: A BBQ without cole slaw is like a sheep without a treadmill. OK, it's actually WAY worse than that (because, um, sheep don't use exercise equipment). So that's why we created this insanely DELICIOUS low-cal swap. Heeeeere ya go... Serving Size: 2/3 cup (1/6th of recipe) Calories: 49 Fat: <0.5g Sodium: 304mg Carbs: 9.5g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 5g Protein: 1.25g POINTS. value 1*
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix, dry (or 6 cups shredded cabbage mixed with 1 cup shredded carrots)
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijonnaise mustard
- 2 teaspoons artificial sweetener (like Splenda)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lawry's)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- To make dressing, combine mayo, sour cream, rice vinegar, Dijonnaise, sweetener and seasoned salt. Mix well.
- Place cole slaw mix in a large bowl. Add dressing and stir until all of the slaw is thoroughly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. (For best flavor, make slaw the night before you plan to serve it.)
- Then just give it a good stir, and season to taste with salt and pepper.