Top Review by Bergy
This is a very tasty recipe easy to make and quick to cook if you pan fry them.They would BBQ well also over indirect heat. I ground my own pork. I used pork steaks (they were on sale) and removed all the fat as I thought the bacon would be fat enough. Loved making them . They are a bit different than any sausage that you can buy so are a treat. Thanks for a very good recipe Carol
- 1 cup lean pork, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 tablespoons fine dry breadcrumbs
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the pork, salt, spices and bread crumbs well.
- Form 4 cylinder-shaped rolls.
- For each roll, place 2 slices of bacon parallel on the counter.
- Roll the bacon slices around the meat roll, then fold a third slice of bacon lengthwise around the meat roll to cover the ends.
- Fasten this slice with 2 toothpicks, 1 at each end.
- Place the bacon rolls on a cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F.
- for 1/2 hour.
- Remove toothpicks and serve. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : Slavinken are traditionally served with boiled potatoes and vegetables such as cauliflower, peas, spinach or endive and, of course, a Dutch-style salad.
- MasterCook Formatted by Carol H.