Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my Croatian Great Grandmother's recipe. There are many different variations, but this is my favorite! And it only takes one pot!
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (family size)
- 1 (26 ounce) canfull milk
- 1 lb beef stew meat (or lamb)
- 1 (12 ounce) packageof extra wide egg noodles
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- In large pot boil noodles, drain, and cover with butter or olive oil.
- In same large pot, brown meat fully with black pepper.
- When meat is browned, drain 3/4 of the "juice" from pot.
- Add can of mushroom soup, full can of milk, and container of sour cream.
- Stir until well mixed, set to low heat and let simmer until heated through.
- Garnish with paprika, serve mixture on top of either hot noodles or room temperature noodles.