Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The best Lactose Free Carrot Cake in the WORLD!!!
- oil, for greasing
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175 g soft light brown sugar
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 175 g carrots, scrubbed and grated (about 3)
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 180 ml sunflower oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C; grease a 20.5cm round cake tin with oil and line in with greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder into a large bowl and mix in the brown sugar. Stir the mashed bananas, grated carrots, walnuts, beaten eggs and oil and beat until the mixture is runny. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45-60 minutes the cake is cooked when it shrinks from the edges of the tin, is firm to touch and golden in colour.
- Leave the cake to cool a little in the tin for 10mins before turning it out on to a wire rack to cool completely. Remove the lining paper and serve the cake cut into slices.