Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Rustle up buttery baked jerk-spiced sweet potatoes in this moreish, meat-free recipe for a sensational side dish.
- 4 sweet potatoes, cut in half lengthways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Set the oven to 400°F
- Using a sharp knife, score the cut side of each potato half in a lattice pattern, taking care not to cut right through to the skin.
- Rub each half with olive oil and bake in the oven, lattice side up, for approximately 40 minutes until nearly cooked.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the jerk seasoning and gently fry for one minute. When the potatoes are nearly cooked, spoon the jerk butter over the latticed flesh of each potato and return to the oven for 10 minutes until golden and cooked.
- To serve, squeeze over a little lime juice, serve with a dollop of yoghurt and scatter with freshly chopped coriander.