Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Pancakes that will make you wanna do just that..:)
Top Review by Burned Toast
These were pretty good - light and fluffy. Assembly was easy and mess-free. I set the griddle to 325, and they were perfect when the edges looked puckered. I did think they needed more flavor, and next time I might try buttermilk and maybe add more sugar and a bit of vanilla. Or, I could add in pecans or chocolate chips for different flavors. It's a good recipe to build on. Thanks! Made for My-3-Chefs Fall 08.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and baking powder together.
- Add remaining ingredients to flour mixture; and whisk togetether until smooth.
- Add to hot griddle or heavy skillet and cook until golden brown.
- For the small family or just smaller batches recipe can be done in half, and will make approx 9 small pancakes.
- Note mixture will thicken as it sits and more water can be added sparingly to lighten the consistency.