Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This meatloaf is so moist and tender--one of the best I've ever had. I found this one day while searching the web and the comments under the recipe were, "Now slap ya mamma if this meatloaf ain't the bomb".
- 3 -4 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 8 1⁄4 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 ounces saltine crackers (1 1/2 sleeves)
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 0.5 (24 ounce) bottle ketchup (half of bottle)
- 1⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Place meat in a large bowl. Add the chopped onion and bell pepper. Pour in the whole bottle of A-1 steak sauce, 1/2 bottle of ketchup, the can of tomato sauce.
- Beat 2 eggs in a cereal bowl and add enough of the milk to fill to top of the bowl. Add to the meat mixture and mix with hands until mixed together good.
- Add enough of the cracker to make the mixture hold together.
- This will make 2 regular size loaves or 1 large loaf.
- Bake at 350-375°F for 1 1/2 hours or until done.
- Drain some of the juice off, but not to much or the meat loaf will dry out.
- Mix the glaze. Bake uncovered until the coating is cooked.
After following the directions for this recipe exactly, my meatloaf did not turn out. After cooking it for four hours on the instructed temp. it was still raw inside. The only thing i could think of that went wrong was that the instructions were unclear on the size bottle of ketchup and A-1. I was very dissappointed because this recipe sounded very good.
This is a really good meatloaf recipe. I especially loved the glaze, mmmmmm yummy!