I was hungry for salmon patties, wanted something fresh tasting and healthy. Was also hungry for cilantro. This is what I came up with, it will be my only way to cook canned salmon from now on...hope you enjoy! *Note: the amounts for onion, peppers and herbs are approximate. I typically use more of all and especially more sriracha...use your discretion!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 418.15 g can salmon
- 236.59 ml old fashioned oats (NOT quick cooking!)
- 78.07 ml skim milk
- 1 egg (I use 1/4 c eggbeaters, southwestern style)
- 28.39 ml red onion, finely minced
- 28.39 ml bell pepper, finely minced
- 29.58-59.16 ml cilantro, fresh and minced
- 29.58-59.16 ml chives, fresh and minced
- 0.25 ml garlic powder
- 0.25 ml lime juice
- 14.79-29.58 ml sriracha sauce
- 28.39 ml cheese, shredded (I use Soy-Sation 3 cheese blend from TJ's)
- 1Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit, refrigerated for at least half-hour to allow flavors to blend.
- 2Heat non-stick skillet on med-hi, spray with olive oil spray.
- 3Form patties and cook in skillet for about 5 mins each side or until outside is crispy.
- 4The cheese helps the patties stay together and keeps everything moist. Yum!
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slammin' Southwestern Salmon Patties or Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 135.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: