Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I was hungry for salmon patties, wanted something fresh tasting and healthy. Was also hungry for cilantro. This is what I came up with, it will be my only way to cook canned salmon from now on...hope you enjoy! *Note: the amounts for onion, peppers and herbs are approximate. I typically use more of all and especially more sriracha...use your discretion!
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (NOT quick cooking!)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 egg (I use 1/4 c eggbeaters, southwestern style)
- 1⁄8 cup red onion, finely minced
- 1⁄8 cup bell pepper, finely minced
- 2 -4 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and minced
- 2 -4 tablespoons chives, fresh and minced
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1⁄8 cup cheese, shredded (I use Soy-Sation 3 cheese blend from TJ's)
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit, refrigerated for at least half-hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Heat non-stick skillet on med-hi, spray with olive oil spray.
- Form patties and cook in skillet for about 5 mins each side or until outside is crispy.
- The cheese helps the patties stay together and keeps everything moist. Yum!
We love salmon patties and really enjoyed this SW uptake. Served them on rolls with chipolte mayo. YUM! I had a little trouble getting them to hold together so I might do a combo of oats and crackers next time. Thanks for posting!
Great salmon patties. Served with Southwest sweet potato latkes.
These were yummy! I've always added crushed crachers and never would have thought to use oats.