Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Finally. Perfectly moist, VERY flavorful banana bread!
- 3⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups flour (I used bread flour, which is extra soft, may use less if using all-purpose flour?)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 (f). Spray a large loaf pan with Pam.
- Toast nuts gently in a skillet - remove from heat.
- Cream together the butter & sugars in a mixing bow.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, & nutmeg. Add to creamed sugar/butter.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add that to other ingredients.
- Add bananas & sour cream just until combined.
- Pour into loaf pan. Bake for ~50-60 minutes. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and finish cooling on rack. Warm, with butter is extra nice 8-).
You could change the name to "Died and gone to Heaven Banana Bread". The best recipe I have ever tried for BB. Try a slice with Druken Strawberries on top--bet you can't stop at one slice. Thanks for the best BB recipe.