Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Created by Team Gobsmackers for Zaar World Tour III. This zippy little treat earned it's name from the tequila, lime and salt included in the recipe. It's a shot in a sauce! Great for burgers, as a veggie dip, as dressing for chicken salad, or you could thin it with milk and use it as salad dressing. You can also substitute light mayo and sour cream. Lots of great options, so Slam It Down and Smack Yer Gob! Cooking time includes chilllll time. The number of servings will depend on what you use the sauce for. Yields 2 1/2 Cups of sauce.
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 1⁄2 large orange bell peppers or 1⁄2 large red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro (fresh makes the sauce an odd color)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 -2 chipotle pepper, roasted and canned in sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Puree first 7 ingredients in food processor or blender. Try to get the sauce as smooth as you can.
- Fold the mixture into the sour cream and mayonaise.
- Add salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours up to 24.
Absolutely a 5 star recipe. This has a real kick to it. Awesome flavor. I would make it again in a heart beat. A definite keeper in my book. I made it as posted. I did add some milk to about 2 tbls to make a dressing. I put it on top of a Crab Louie salad. Yum. I'm keeping the rest for dinner next week with hamburgers and chips. Thanks AshK for posting. Made for PAC spring 08'.
Very good sauce! Made it today for the burger challenge and it was excellent. I put in too much cilanto for my husbands preference, but it still scored high marks! ZWT3