Entered for safe-keeping, adapted from Donna Davidson in November 2000 Southern Living, times are for 15 psi 6-qt. (or larger) pressure cooker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle roast evenly with pepper. Place in 6-quart or larger pressure cooker.
- 2Add mushroom soup, onion soup mix, beef bouillon cubes and 2 cups water.
- 3Secure lid. Over medium-high heat, bring to HIGH pressure (2nd bar,15 psi). Adjust heat to stabilize just at high pressure. From moment high pressure was reached, cook 20 minutes. (Check recommended cooking time in your manufacturer's manual.).
- 4Remove from heat and use quick pressure reduction method recommended by your manual. The recipe recommended running cold water over the lower edge of the cooker.
- 5Remove lid, directing steam away from you.
- 6Remove roast, and keep warm.
- 7Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Add to liquid in pressure cooker. Bring to a boil, then cook for 1 minute.
- 8Serve gravy with roast.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for SL Roast With Onion and Mushroom Gravy - 6-Qt. Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 1200.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 33.4 g