Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, adapted from Donna Davidson in November 2000 Southern Living, times are for 15 psi 6-qt. (or larger) pressure cooker.
- 2 -3 lbs boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle roast evenly with pepper. Place in 6-quart or larger pressure cooker.
- Add mushroom soup, onion soup mix, beef bouillon cubes and 2 cups water.
- Secure lid. Over medium-high heat, bring to HIGH pressure (2nd bar,15 psi). Adjust heat to stabilize just at high pressure. From moment high pressure was reached, cook 20 minutes. (Check recommended cooking time in your manufacturer's manual.).
- Remove from heat and use quick pressure reduction method recommended by your manual. The recipe recommended running cold water over the lower edge of the cooker.
- Remove lid, directing steam away from you.
- Remove roast, and keep warm.
- Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Add to liquid in pressure cooker. Bring to a boil, then cook for 1 minute.
- Serve gravy with roast.