Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
got this recipe from The Free Press
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces drained kidney beans
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 10 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- In a skillet brown the turkey, onion, celery, garlic all until no longer pink.
- Stir in all the spices and cook for two minutes more.
- Stir in the sauce and bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, add beans and simmer 30 minutes or until thick.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti, garnish with the grated cheese and onions.
Good chili. I like a thicker chili so didn't add as much water as called for and added diced tomatoes rather than tomato sauce. I also omitted the beans! Thanks for sharing the recipe.