Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Cincinnati favorite. My roommates and I served this at every party we had...it would be gone in seconds.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (13 ounce) packagefrozen chili or 1 (15 ounce) canskyline chili
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (optional)
- Spread cream cheese on bottom of casserole dish.
- Sprinkle diced onions (optional).
- Pour Skyline chili over onions (opt.) and cream cheese.
- Cover with cheddar cheese.
- Conventional oven: Heat at 350 degrees until cheese is bubbling but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Microwave oven: Heat on high for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with Corn chips or Fritos corn chips.
I couldn't find skyline chili down here so I used some leftover homemade chili. I used low fat cream cheese and did include the optional onions. I did the microwave option, but the cheese didn't melt after two minute. I had to put it in an additional two minutes. Next time I think I will bake it in the oven. Served with tortilla chips for dipping.
Great recipe to make with leftover homemade Skyline chili. My kids love it! An all time family favorite!
I first tried this at a friend's place and my DH devoured it! It is the perfect dip of have when company is coming and you don't know what to serve!!! I always have a block of cream cheese in my fridge (or in the freezer), frozen grated cheddar cheese in zip lock bags....so all you need is a can of chili (preferably with meat) and "voila" you have an instant appitizer. This is one mean appy that will go down fast!!!