Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Cincinnati favorite. My roommates and I served this at every party we had...it would be gone in seconds.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (13 ounce) packagefrozen chili or 1 (15 ounce) canskyline chili
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (optional)
- Spread cream cheese on bottom of casserole dish.
- Sprinkle diced onions (optional).
- Pour Skyline chili over onions (opt.) and cream cheese.
- Cover with cheddar cheese.
- Conventional oven: Heat at 350 degrees until cheese is bubbling but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Microwave oven: Heat on high for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with Corn chips or Fritos corn chips.
Great recipe to make with leftover homemade Skyline chili. My kids love it! An all time family favorite!
I first tried this at a friend's place and my DH devoured it! It is the perfect dip of have when company is coming and you don't know what to serve!!! I always have a block of cream cheese in my fridge (or in the freezer), frozen grated cheddar cheese in zip lock bags....so all you need is a can of chili (preferably with meat) and "voila" you have an instant appitizer. This is one mean appy that will go down fast!!!
Delish. Made with leftover homemade chili (couldn't find skyline) and since company was headed our direction, I grabbed the frozen chili as a sub, otherwise made as directed. Everyone loved it!!!! Thanks for bailing me out. Made for TYM photo tag.