Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Cincinnati favorite. My roommates and I served this at every party we had...it would be gone in seconds.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (13 ounce) packagefrozen chili or 1 (15 ounce) canskyline chili
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (optional)
- Spread cream cheese on bottom of casserole dish.
- Sprinkle diced onions (optional).
- Pour Skyline chili over onions (opt.) and cream cheese.
- Cover with cheddar cheese.
- Conventional oven: Heat at 350 degrees until cheese is bubbling but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Microwave oven: Heat on high for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with Corn chips or Fritos corn chips.
This dip is so delicious and so easy! It will be the most popular food item in your house. Goes well with corn chips, corn tortilla scoop chips. You can have small bowls for guest to scoop out a serving for themselves with the chips. I baked mine in the oven @ 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
I couldn't find skyline chili down here so I used some leftover homemade chili. I used low fat cream cheese and did include the optional onions. I did the microwave option, but the cheese didn't melt after two minute. I had to put it in an additional two minutes. Next time I think I will bake it in the oven. Served with tortilla chips for dipping.
Great recipe to make with leftover homemade Skyline chili. My kids love it! An all time family favorite!