Recipe by Fotomagik
I love Skyline chili over spaghetti, topped with cheddar cheese. After much experimentation, I came up with this version.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 32 ounces beef stock
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground peppercorn
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1 - simmer oil, onion and minced garlic in dutch oven until softened, approx 5 minutes after oil is sizzling.
- 2 - add beef stock and ground beef, break up beef & onion with a wisk into fine texture, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- 3 - add all remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for 2 hours. stir frequently.
- 2-way: serve over spaghetti.
- 3-way: serve over spaghetti and top with cheddar cheese.
- 4-way: serve over spaghetti and top with cheddar cheese and onion.
- 5-way: serve over spaghetti and top with cheddar cheese, onion, and beans.
- note: this chili tastes even better after refrigerating overnight.