1/8 Photos of Skylike Chili - Skyline Chili Copycat
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Tornado Ali's Note:
A copycat of Skyline Chili, true Cincinnati chili, except it's less greasy! I combine all the dry spices times ten and keep the "Skyline Spice Mix" in a jar cannister. One batch of chili will use 3/8 cup of spice mix. The spice mix is also tasty as a meat rub for steak, pork and chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 ounce grated unsweetened chocolate or 2 3/4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 bay leaves or 1/8 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 1Brown ground beef and onion.
- 3Add beef stock to beef mixture and simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Add remaining 13 ingredients, simmer uncovered 1 hour.
- 5Remove bay leaf, skim off extra fat.
- 6Serve over hot spaghetti, or hot dogs in buns for chili dogs.
- 7Top with plenty of cheese and other optional toppings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skylike Chili - Skyline Chili Copycat
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 812.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g