Recipe by Derf
This makes a great Sunday breaky and I'm sure would be good on a buffet table. From Kraft in the local newspaper.
Top Review by shelleyandjohn
i served this @ a dinner party b/c i had a vegetarian guest -- and for everyone else, i served grilled chicken on the side...everyone LOVED it & it was very easy to make too...in fact, i have a baby, so i made it earlier in the afternoon & simply re-heated it once my guests arrived...& it also tasted yummy the next day too !
- 1 (6 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix, any flavour
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed,well drained and chopped
- 1 sweet red peppers, chopped or 1 if preferred hot red pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- Prepare stuffing as directed on the package.
- Lightly beat 1 egg and stir into stuffing mixture.
- Press into greased 9 inch springform pan to form a crust.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the crust, evenly top with half the spinach then add all the pepper and onion.
- Scatter remaining cheese and spinach over top, then beat the 4 remaining eggs and pour over all.
- Top with tomato slices, season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake at 400f degrees for 40 minutes or until the pie top is completely set.