Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
I can't remember where my wife found this recipe, but it's been a crowd favorite everywhere we've taken it. We even made a reduced sugar version with Splenda instead of sugar.
- Bake pastry shell according to direction on package and cool.
- In large bowl mash enough berries to make 3 cups
- In a sauce pan combine sugar and cornstarch use less sugar if berries are very ripe.
- Stir in mashed berries and water and mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Keep cooking and stirring for 2 minute.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl.
- Chill 20 minutes in the refrigerator stirring occasionally until mixture is slightly warm.
- Cut remaining berries to desired size.
- Fold berries into mixture.
- Pour into pie shell. Careful it will be piled high above the edge.
- Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
I believe she may have gotten this from the Taste of Home magazine or Annual from 1994. I have used this exact recipe for 20 years now and it literally is the best Strawberrry Pie.