Recipe by Nana Lee
Here's a great brunch idea. Can be made ahead and served the next day. Has puff pastry, ricotta cheese, spinach, and eggs as the main ingredients.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red peppers or 1 cup multi-colored bell pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Unfold pastry sheet and roll out one sheet to about 11-inch square and one to 12-inch square.
- Fold each square into quarters and cut out as large a circle as possible.
- Line bottom and side of greased 9-inch springform pan with 12-inch pastry sheet.
- BEAT eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk.
- Reserve 1 tablespoons of the eggs; set aside.
- Add ricotta cheese, pepper sauce and spinach to remaining eggs; mix until well blended.
- Layer half each of the bacon, cheese, spinach mixture and red peppers in pastry-lined pan.
- Repeat layers.
- PLACE remaining pastry sheet over mixture; fold and tuck pastry edges in pan.
- Pinch edges to seal. Brush top with reserved 1 tablespoons egg.
- Cut 5 or 6 slits in top crust with tip of sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 45 to 55 minute or until golden brown. Cool 10 minute
- Run small knife around edge of pan before removing rim.
- MAKE AHEAD:
- Assemble and bake pie as directed. Cover.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, uncover.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 40 minute or until heated through.