Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is sooooooo yummy! Initially thought this would be to “spinachy” but it really isn’t. I did add little more cheese and bacon as well as some chives to enhance the flavor. Play with it…. I hope you like it and make it every so often.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 4 -6 slices cooked bacon or 4 -6 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F Unfold pastry sheet and roll out one sheet to about 11-inch square and one to 12-inch square. Line bottom and side of greased 9-inch springform pan with 12-inch pastry sheet.
- BEAT eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk. Reserve 1 tablespoons of the eggs; set aside. Add ricotta cheese, pepper sauce and spinach to remaining eggs; mix until well blended. Layer half each of the bacon, cheese, spinach mixture and red peppers in pastry-lined pan. Repeat layers.
- PLACE remaining pastry sheet over mixture; fold and tuck pastry edges in pan. Pinch edges to seal. Brush top with reserved 1 tablespoons egg. Cut 5 or 6 slits in top crust with tip of sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- BAKE 45 to 55 minute or until golden brown. Cool 10 minute Run small knife around edge of pan before removing rim.