- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl,combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter til mix resembles small peas.
- Add egg and milk,stirring quickly and briefly.
- Knead lightly on floured board.
- Roll or pat gently to 1 inch thickness.
- Cut into 1-2 inch biscuits.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes .