Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is my take on a Rachel Ray appetizer from her June/July 2008 issue of Everyday Magazine. What wonderful, yet classic appetizers for a summer BBQ. I mean who DOESN'T love twice baked potatoes. . .and these are little mini bites. Great concept and delish to boot!
- 24 red potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (for garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil.
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet and bake until the skins are crisp, 20 to 25 minutes. Let them cool.
- Scoop out the center of each potato half and place in a medium bowl. Stir in the sour cream, blue cheese, bacon, and green onion.
- Fill each potato skin with the sour cream mixture and garnish with parsley.