Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are a wonderful Halloween treat and yummy rice crispy treat.
- 1 (6 1/4 ounce) box Rice Krispies treats, unwrapped
- 1 (12 ounce) canwhipped fluffy white frosting
- green food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- miniature M&M's chocolate candies or miniature M&M baking bits
- chocolate sprinkles
- lime Tic Tac mint
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (1 ounce) package red decorating gel
- Skulls: Shape 4 krispy treats into skulls. Place on wire rack over wax paper. Divide frosting between 2 microwave-safe bowls. microwave 1 bowl stirring every 10 seconds until frosting is pourable. Spoon over skulls to cover. Pour rest into small ziptop bag; reserve. Put M&M's in place for eyes and noses.
- Monsters: Put remaining treats on rack. Using food colors, tint frosting in other bowl to match Tic Tacs. Microwave until pourable. Spoon over treats. Add sprinkles for hair and Tic Tacs for eyelids and bolts. Refrigerate to set. Wait a while. Cut a tip off a ziptop bag; pipe eyes on monsters. Melt chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Spoon into another ziptop bag and cut off tip off corner; pipe eyes and mouthes on monsters, mouthes on skulls. With red gel, pipe scars on monster. Refrigerate until serving.
I loved these. My sisters and I made these for Halloween treats at church. They came out freaky looking.