- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked from dry
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 liter vegetable stock (home-made)
- 3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in olive oil.
- Add tomatoes and half the chickpeas.
- Remove from heat. Blend with an immersion ("stick") blender, adding some stock if it's too thick.
- Return to heat. Add remaining chickpeas, pasta, stock, and rosemary.
- Bring to the boil then simmer until pasta is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.