1/2 Photos of Skorthózoumi (Greek Garlic Soup)
Mia in Germany's Note:
This is a spicy garlic soup from Greece which typically is made during the winter months. Submitted for ZWT 6. If you don't care for too much garlic, only use 2 cloves :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place water, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, peppercorns in a large pot, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2Using a wooden spoon, press through a sieve and then pour it back into the pot, crumble in the feta cheese.
- 3Mix yoghurt with the flour until smooth, then slowly drizzle in one ladle of the soup, stirring constantly.
- 4Slowly pour the yoghurt mixture ito the soup, stirring constantly, then continue stirring at low heat for about ten minutes.
- 5Remove the soup from the stove.
- 6Beat the eggs until foamy, then slowly drizzle in 2 ladles of the soup, stirring contantly.
- 7Slowly pour the egg mixture into the soup, stirring constantly.
- 8Add salt to taste and serve with arugula and crisp bread.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skorthózoumi (Greek Garlic Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.9
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 134.0 mg
- Sodium 561.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: