Prep 15 mins
Cook 60 hrs
These are quite hard so be warned eat them with tea, milk or other beverages.
Make and share this Skorpor (Swedish Rusks) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour milk or 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Cream sugar and shortening; add egg and sour milk and stir.
- Sift flour, salt, soda, and baking powder together.
- Add to first mixture.
- Add nuts, if desired.
- In a 9x13-inch pan, bake one hour at 350 degrees.
- Cut into 1 1/2 x 3-inch strips and dry in slow oven, 300 degrees, until crispy.