Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family loves this. I found it a little sweet, but I think that's expected. Very tasty.
- 2 Skor candy bars
- 3⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Coarsely chop 1 chocolate bar into 1/4-inch pieces, about 1/3 cup. Set remaining bar aside.
- In med bowl, using and electric mixer, beat butter until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in 1 cup flour until just mixed. Stir in remaining flour with chopped skor until just mixed.
- Scrap dough into ungreased 8" square baking dish. Lightly flour fingers, then pat mixture into even thickness. Using a fork pierce dough every inch.
- Finely chop remaining bar and sprinkle over top of dough.
- Bake until edges are deep golden and center is pale golden, about 35-40 minutes
- Remove from oven. Cut into squares immediately. Cool completely in pan.
This was scrumptious! Buttery toffee goodness; I added about 1/2 cup of toffee chips, and this was delightful! Thanks, Sam #3, for a great recipe!
This is similar to our favorite shortbread (from the old Joy of Cooking) with the addition of the Skor and vanilla. Because of the comment about the sweetness I only mixed in the Skor leaving off the extra on top. The candy give the shortbread a little chewy bite here and there. I think I will try adding the Skor on top as I didn't find this too sweet which I was afraid of. Thanks Sam # 3 for a new twist on an old favorite!