Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are delicious, simple and quick. You won't even know that the "crisp" is a saltine cracker. A cross between a cookie and candy, you break these up like you would peanut brittle or peppermint bark; they make a nice addition to any cookie platter or gift in a tin for the holidays or anytime of the year. You may use other nuts in place of the pecans (walnuts, almonds, etc). Prep and cook time does not include cooling time.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, line a cookie sheet (11 x 7 size works best) w/parchment paper; line with saltines, side by side with sides touching.
- Immedietely pour the butter/sugar mixture over the saltines to coat crackers completely.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle bag of chocolate chips over the crackers and let them sit on counter for 5 minutes.
- With a spreader or rubber spatula, spread the melted chocolate to coat crackers completely and top w/chopped pecans.
- Cool completely (room temp or fridge) and break into pieces.