Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a wonderfully different cheese ball. Excellent for a baby or a bridal shower or as a dessert. We had an appetizer party tonight and our hostess was kind enough to give us all a copy before we left.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Skor English toffee bits
- Beat together the cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Add in sugars and then chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Place in freezer if needed faster.
- Form into a ball. Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate one more hour.
- Roll the ball in Skor pieces
- Serve with Dare wafer cookies, ginger, lemon, chocolate and cinnamon.
Made this for a co-worker's going away potluck. It was one of the most popular items! Added bonus, it's very simple to make.
I made this for a bridal shower and it was a big hit. No one there had ever eaten a sweet cheese ball. The one thing I did differently was instead of using mini chocolate chips, I chopped up regular chocolate chips in a food chopper and stirred them in instead. That way you have a little bit of chocolate throughout the cheese ball. Yummy!