Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Pre-freezing the Skor bits will prevent them from disappearing while the cookies bake. Recipe is easily doubled. Invest in a small spring loaded ice cream scoop for perfectly shaped cookies. Dough can be frozen in dollops and baked as needed. They also freeze well baked. Avoid using dark non stick cookie sheets. The shiny insulated kind work the best.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rolled quick oats (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup medium unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup pre-frozen Skor English toffee bit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together margarine, brown and white sugars and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Sift in flour, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Stir in oats and coconut.
- Lastly, stir in pecans and Skor bits.
- Form into tablespoon sized balls (or use a 1 ounce ice cream scoop) and place a dozen at a time on a shiny baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Do not flatten.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove immediately to a cooking rack.