Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are delicious; perfect for those who like the combination of toffee and caramel with chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first amount of butter, brown sugar and flour.
- Press this mixture evenly into an ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is golden.
- Place baking pan on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling; leave oven on.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat milk and the 2 tbsp butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened-- it will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread this over baked crust in baking pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden; remove from oven but leave oven on.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over top; return to oven for 2 minutes, or until the chips soften and are shiny.
- Remove from oven (turn oven off now) and spread the chocolate evenly; then sprinkle the Skor bits over the chocolate, pressing down with a very light touch to embed the Skor bits into the chocolate.
- You could cut them into bars right away, but they will cut easier if allowed to chill in the refrigerator for at least a few minutes.
- Best served at room temperature, not cold.
Absolutely delicious!! Not too hard to make and oh so satisfying. These have been placed into my recipe box for making again and again. Thanks Lennie!!
These were great! Very rich. I plan on freezing half of the recipe to pull out for the kids lunches.
Decided to make these this week and they are so yummy! I also froze half and kept out half but they're already almost gone! Mm-mm!!