1/1 Photo of Skor Bars
1 hr 20 mins
These are delicious; perfect for those who like the combination of toffee and caramel with chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine first amount of butter, brown sugar and flour.
- 3Press this mixture evenly into an ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- 4Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is golden.
- 5Place baking pan on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling; leave oven on.
- 6In a medium-sized saucepan, heat milk and the 2 tbsp butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened-- it will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7Spread this over baked crust in baking pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden; remove from oven but leave oven on.
- 8Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over top; return to oven for 2 minutes, or until the chips soften and are shiny.
- 9Remove from oven (turn oven off now) and spread the chocolate evenly; then sprinkle the Skor bits over the chocolate, pressing down with a very light touch to embed the Skor bits into the chocolate.
- 10You could cut them into bars right away, but they will cut easier if allowed to chill in the refrigerator for at least a few minutes.
- 11Best served at room temperature, not cold.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skor Bars
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 65.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g