These are delicious; perfect for those who like the combination of toffee and caramel with chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first amount of butter, brown sugar and flour.
- Press this mixture evenly into an ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until crust is golden.
- Place baking pan on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling; leave oven on.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat milk and the 2 tbsp butter over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened-- it will take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spread this over baked crust in baking pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden; remove from oven but leave oven on.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over top; return to oven for 2 minutes, or until the chips soften and are shiny.
- Remove from oven (turn oven off now) and spread the chocolate evenly; then sprinkle the Skor bits over the chocolate, pressing down with a very light touch to embed the Skor bits into the chocolate.
- You could cut them into bars right away, but they will cut easier if allowed to chill in the refrigerator for at least a few minutes.
- Best served at room temperature, not cold.