Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy, but it looks really impressive! It makes a great addition to your holiday cookie/candy trays.
- 1 lb butter
- 1 lb sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- corn syrup (keeps the sugar from crystalizing)
- semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
- almonds, dust
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper (or waxed paper) and keep handy.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. When melted, add sugar, water, and corn syrup and clip candy thermometer to side of pan. Stir constantly over medium heat until it reaches 220F; start bumping up the heat little by little.
- When it reaches about 280F, the color will change and the temperature will rise rapidly, so watch it closely and keep stirring constantly.
- When it reaches 300 degrees, immediately remove from heat and pour it out onto the cookie sheet. Sprinkel the chocolate chips onto the toffee and spread them around when they're melted. Sprinkle almond dust over the top and set aside to cool. (You can put it in the fridge if you're in a hurry.).
- When cooled, break it into pieces and enjoy!