Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adore Ben & Jerry's ice cream, and I adore Skor bars. This marries two of my favorite foods into one uber-ice cream!
- 5 hershey's Skor candy bars (if you can bear to part with them)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract (splurge on the real stuff)
- Freeze the Skor bars.
- Beat the eggs until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the sugar.
- Add the cream, the half-and-half and the vanilla and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your ice-cream maker and freeze.
- While the ice cream is freezing take the frozen Skor bars and put them in a plastic bag and break them into small pieces with a knife handle or a meat tenderizing mallet.
- When the ice cream is done, remove it from the container and mix in the Skor bar pieces.
- Pour into a Tupperware and freeze.
- Note: Most of the Skor bars should be crushed into crumbs, but stop abusing the candy when there are still some 1 inch and 1/2 inch chunks left.
- Another note: Ben& Jerry's ice cream is known for it's denseness and lack of air.
- The less air in the ice cream, the thicker the consistency.
- You may find that this recipe fills up your ice cream maker more than you are used to.
- One last note, I promise: You can try experimenting with this recipe, substituting Heath bars, Reese's Peanture Butter Cups, Oreos, Kit Kats, M&m's and any other fun stuff for the Skor bars.
YUMMY!!! I used Kit Kat bars and made this ice-cream. Now there are two of us who adore this :-) I can't wait for tomorrow afternoon to share this with a few kids coming home for lunch. I know they'll lick the spoon clean!
Absolutely the BEST homemade ice cream I have ever had!! I used Butterfinger bars and loved it! I did add an extra candy bar since 6 came in the pack....couldn't stand to leave one all by itself!! Thanks for an awesome recipe!