Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I fell in love with the combos of coffee ice cream, Skor and toasted almonds on my first visit to Cold Stone Creamery. Seeing as the closest one to me is 8 hours away - I had to duplicate it on my own. It's been a big hit with everyone - coffee lover or not!
- Beat eggs and sugar with whisk or electric mixer until thick and cream-colored.
- Add milk, cream, vanilla and dissolved instant coffee.
- Mix well.
- This can be refrigerated or used immediately.
- Pour into ice cream maker as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Break Skor bars into small to bite-sized chunks not too small or they will all sink to the bottom.
- Use your personal preference on amount.
- Toast almonds lightly in oven- they will burn fast, so keep a close eye on them.
- Bake at apx 325 for 5 minutes- flip after 2 minutes.
- Keep your eyes on them!
- Again- use your personal preference as to how much almond you would prefer.
- After frozen, turn ice cream into freezer-safe container.
- All machines are different so freezing time will vary.
- Fold in Skor and almonds alternately you can add Skor and almonds to ice cream machine with 2-3 minutes left of freeze time.
- Almonds may also be left out and added on top of ice cream when eating.
- Drizzle caramel sundae sauce on ice cream prior to serving.
- For extra coffee flavour and sweetness you could add a small amount (2-3 tsp) of coffee syrup to ice cream base prior to freezing.
Made this today and it is amazing. I did not put the almonds in the ice cream but reserved them for the top. Tastes better than cold stone. It's in the freezer as it type hardening up so I can serve as dessert tonight. Thanks for the great recipe. This one is a keeper!!!!
I think im im heaven this is soooooooooo very good left out the nuts as we dont like nuts in ice cream but other than that followed recipe to a t this is my new and only ice cream for a coffee flavor thank you so much for posting
Awesome recipe..I used this as a coffee ice cream recipe only so I omitted the candy bars and almonds and I used 2 Tablespoons Coffee to 1 1/2 teaspoon of water. It came out perfectly perfect and had an AWESOME flavor...I love the Blue Bell Coffee ice cream but its so outrageously priced...with this recipe I will never have to buy it again! thanks!