Recipe by KRD-SK
I fell in love with the combos of coffee ice cream, Skor and toasted almonds on my first visit to Cold Stone Creamery. Seeing as the closest one to me is 8 hours away - I had to duplicate it on my own. It's been a big hit with everyone - coffee lover or not!
Top Review by Jnetnet71
Made this today and it is amazing. I did not put the almonds in the ice cream but reserved them for the top. Tastes better than cold stone. It's in the freezer as it type hardening up so I can serve as dessert tonight. Thanks for the great recipe. This one is a keeper!!!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk or 1 3⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons instant coffee, dissolved in
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 3 -5 Skor candy bars
- 1 (100 g) package sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and sugar with whisk or electric mixer until thick and cream-colored.
- Add milk, cream, vanilla and dissolved instant coffee.
- Mix well.
- This can be refrigerated or used immediately.
- Pour into ice cream maker as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Break Skor bars into small to bite-sized chunks not too small or they will all sink to the bottom.
- Use your personal preference on amount.
- Toast almonds lightly in oven- they will burn fast, so keep a close eye on them.
- Bake at apx 325 for 5 minutes- flip after 2 minutes.
- Keep your eyes on them!
- Again- use your personal preference as to how much almond you would prefer.
- After frozen, turn ice cream into freezer-safe container.
- All machines are different so freezing time will vary.
- Fold in Skor and almonds alternately you can add Skor and almonds to ice cream machine with 2-3 minutes left of freeze time.
- Almonds may also be left out and added on top of ice cream when eating.
- Drizzle caramel sundae sauce on ice cream prior to serving.
- For extra coffee flavour and sweetness you could add a small amount (2-3 tsp) of coffee syrup to ice cream base prior to freezing.