Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious, quick and easy recipe for any night of the week. The flavor is just unbelievable and since the recipe calls for only 3/4 cup of wine you'll have plenty left to serve with dinner. Gourmet
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skirt steaks, cut into 4 pieces
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Pat dry steaks and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in 1 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook steaks, turning over once, 5 to 7 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Pour off fat from skillet, then add wine, thyme, bay leaf, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits.
- Continue to boil until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
- Add any meat juices on platter, then remove from heat and discard bay leaf and thyme.
- Stir in butter and salt and pepper to taste and serve with steaks.
Thanks for the recipe- my DH loved this. Very quick and easy to make. I followed the recipe but substituted Olive Oil for the vegetable oil.