1/2 Photos of Skirt Steak With Red Chile Cilantro Chimichurri
A flavorful combination of red chile & cilantro in this Argentian chimichurri sauce. Skirt steak is popular in Argentina, if you can't find Skirt steak, you can substitute flat iron or flank steak. It is best to grill the steak to medium or medium rare. This comes from the Williams Sonoma Latin Cookbook. I am posting for ZWT 7; South America.It is said that in the mid 1800s, an Englishman and bon vivant, Jimmy Curry arrived in Argentina, He quickly fell in love with the aroma and taste of the roasted meats and set about to create a spicy accompaniment to show his appreciation for the tasty barbecue. He gathered spices such as chili pepper, sweet red pepper, tomatoes, onions and garlic, and combined them with rosemary, oregano, thyme and salt.The sauce caught on quickly, and today has become the traditional sauce of Argentina.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs skirt steaks
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro (fresh,packed,coarsley chopped)
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley (fresh,packed,coarsley shopped)
- 2 tablespoons green onions (diced)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf (finely crumbled)
- 1 -2 teaspoon red chili pepper (serrano, seeded,coarsley chopped**green chiles can be substituted if red are not available)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1In a food processor; combine cilantro,parsley,green onions,lime juice,garlic,vinegar, bay leaf,chile, 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper; process until mixture is minced about 10 seconds,transfer to a bowl and add olive oil, let stand at room temp.for at least 1 hours.
- 2season steak with salt and pepper, place in a large resealable plastic bag, add about 1/3 cup of the chimichurri sauce from the processor, seal bag and refrigerate for a least 2 hours up to 4hrs.
- 3Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 4Remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it come to room temp for 30 min., brush the excess chimichurri sauce off the steak and set the steak over the hot grill.
- 5Cook for 6 min., rotate 45 degrees and cook another 6 minute Turn the steak over and continue to cook until steak is medium rare (about 6-8 min.).
- 6When the steak is cooked, lay it on a clean cutting board and allow to rest for 5-7 min before slicing across the grain into 2" wide strips.
- 7Serve with reserved chimichurri sauce.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skirt Steak With Red Chile Cilantro Chimichurri
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 618.7
- Calories from Fat 412
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 158.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 48.2 g