Top Review by StephanieK
Great marinade!!!! Absolutely fantastic! The first time I made this I did not use the chipotles, and it still came out excellent. However, the second time I did include the chipotles and let me tell you it was quite the amazing difference!
- 2 lbs skirt steaks
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I prefer using peanut)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons pureed canned chipotle chiles
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, no stems
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro, no stems
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients in large shallow bowl.
- Place meat in marinade for at least 15 minutes up to 3 hours.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat an oiled, well-seasoned grill over high heat until hot.
- Grill steak, turning occasionally, for about 2 minutes per side for thin pieces or 4 to 6 minutes per side for thicker pieces (medium-rare).
- Portion onto 4 dinner plates.
- Drizzle with the chimichurri sauce.