I adapted this recipe from gourmet magazine. The original calls for cilantro, so feel free to use that instead. I am not a big meat eater, but i do love skirt steak!
- make a paste of garlic and salt transfer to a blender and add olive oil, lemon juice, basil, cayenne and pepper, blend until smooth, set aside.
- mix cumin, salt and pepper and rub into both sides of skirt steak.
- spray a grill pan with cooking spray.
- add steaks, in 2 batches, and cook 2-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- slice steaks thinly across the grain, serve with sauce.