Rachael Ray. Another one for DH.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and allspice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the broth, gingersnaps and vinegar and cook until thickened, about 6 minutes.
- 3Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a medium bowl, cover and set aside. Wipe out the skillet and set aside.
- 4Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- 5Drain, return to the pot and toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- 6Meanwhile, season the steak with salt and pepper. In the reserved skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 7Add the steak and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board, tent with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 8Pour off the fat from the skillet, add the reserved sauce, scraping up the browned bits, and cook over medium heat until warmed through. Divide the noodles among 4 shallow bowls and top with the steak and sauerbraten sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skirt Steak Sauerbraten
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1018.8
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 196.4 mg
- Sodium 443.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 63.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: