Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Thought this was a great way to use skirt steak. The steaks have to marinate overnight (time not included in prep time). Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1986).
- 14.79 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 907.18 g skirt steaks, tenderized and trimmed
- 12 (96 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
For the salsa
- 4 tomatoes, peeled
- 2 jalapeno peppers, roasted and peeled
- 1 onion, quartered
- 59.14 ml cilantro leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml salt
- guacamole (My recipe for Guacamole Guacamole or your favorite)
- sour cream
- sliced black olives
- Combine first 4 ingredients (pepper - cayenne pepper) in a small cup and then rub over steaks. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare barbecue.
- Grill steaks to desired degree of doneness (about 5 minutes per side).
- Slice steaks across grain into thin strips and serve with tortillas, salsa (recipe below) and your favorite garnishes.
- To make salsa: combine salsa ingrediens (tomatoes - salt) in a food processor and chop into finely chopped. Refrigerate at least 2 hours in a covered container.
The seasoning is perfect on the meat and the heat of the salsa compliments the meat well. We grilled some multi-colored peppers to go with the meat and served this with flour tortillas, Spanish Rice and Light Refried Black Beans.