1 hr 10 mins
Alton Brown's (Good Eats guy) interesting way to cook steaks on charcoal! I use the meat for fajitas. Special equipment: blow dryer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat charcoal, preferably natural chunk, until grey ash appears.
- 2In a blender, put in oil, soy sauce, scallions, garlic, lime juice, red pepper, cumin, and sugar and puree.
- 3In a large heavy duty, zip top bag, put pieces of skirt steak and pour in marinade.
- 4Seal bag, removing as much air as possible.
- 5Allow steak to marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator.
- 6Remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- 7Using a blow dryer, blow charcoal clean of ash.
- 8Once clean of ash lay steaks directly onto hot coals for 1 minute per side.
- 9When finished cooking, place meat in double thickness of aluminum foil, wrap, and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- 10Remove meat from foil, reserving foil and juices.
- 11Slice thinly across the grain of the meat.
- 12Return to foil pouch and toss with juice.
- 13Serve with grilled peppers and onions, if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skirt Steak
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.3
- Calories from Fat 449
- Total Fat 49.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 1521.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 63.7 g