Recipe by Skip Murray
I was watching TV when an actor said he added dill weed to a ham & cheese to improve its flavor. It works, so I tried it on grilled cheese, and it was wonderful. My children absolutly love these for lunch.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 slices sharp cheddar cheese or 2 slices swiss cheese (I use 1 sharp & 1 swiss)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 dash dill weed, to taste
- 1 dash parsley, to taste
- 1 pickle, sliced or quartered
- potato chips or French fries
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat one side of bread each with butter.
- Place first slice in moderate skillet butter side down.
- Add Cheese slices.
- Add spices to taste, not too much just a light dusting.
- Add last slice of bread butter side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with pickles, and fries or chips on side.
- Variations; use different cheeses?
- American, Swiss or Swiss, Provalone, or Mozzarella,chedder.
- Spices, use Oregano or Basil.