Recipe by Skip Murray
Nice tender bisquits that melt in your mouth. I like to add food color to the milk on the holidays at valentines I use red and a heart cookie cutter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons shortening or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- hint if using self rising flour, omit baking powder.
- Cut shortning or butter into flour.
- With a food processor, add flour, salt, baking powder,and pulse.
- Add shortning or butter, and pulse till crumbly.
- Do not over pulse, avoid heating shortning.
- Add milk and mix till combined.
- Add flour as nessary to form slightly stickey dough. Do not over work!
- On a flowerd surface with floured hands. flatten dough to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut biscuits with any cutter, and place on cookie sheet or cast iron skillet.(cast iron works best.
- Sides touching for maxium rise.
- Bake at 400 degrees till golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with gravy or beef stew.