Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple chili seasoning mix. Cornstarch can be omitted, but chili will have thicker base with it. You can add fresh or dry chilis to taste.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Mix all spices in a small bowl and add to ingredients.
- This will season up to 2 pounds of meat.
- You can can also add cayenne pepper if you like spicy.
- This makes a basic mild chili kids love.
This has been my go-to recipe for chili seasoning for the last couple years instead of buying those expensive packets. Husband says this is so much better too. Everything in here, most of us have in our spice cabinets already!
i've had rave reviews from my family as well as friends. this recipe's a great way to fine tune exactly how spicy you want your chili.
This was so fabulous! It was not spicy at all, which was good for the crowd I was feeding, but it was such a good flavor. I will definitely use this over and over.