Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
If you prefer tang to sweet, this is the sauce for you.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredient to a crock pot ot 3 qt stock pot, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook, 4 hours on low in crockpot.
- Or simmer in stock pot 2 hours.
- Allow to cool, and puree in a blender.
- Makes about 4 cups.