Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the back of my junk drawer, obviously cut out from a magazine, and I thought the cookies tasted great. It was perfect for me because I try to avoid wheat / gluten. I'm posting the recipe as printed, and it was yummy, but I think next time I will reduce the sugar by at least 1/4 of a cup (maybe more) and add a tsp of vanilla. Added note: I suspect the negative reviewer made these too big. They are very soft for quite a while after coming out of the oven, and I imagine they would never be easy to eat if you made them bigger than they are supposed to be. I use slightly rounded teaspoonfulls of cookie dough and get 2 dozen. Once they cool, they are only a little softer than any normal cookie and are easy to eat. Good luck!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (brand name, like Jif or Skippy, yep, trans-fatty goodness)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except chips until well blended (seriously, my cookies still had some sugar graininess).
- Add chips.
- Drop slightly rounded teaspoonfulls on ungreased cookie sheets (12 to a sheet) - do not flatten.
- Bake 9 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool on wire rack for at least 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet (they will be very soft).
I've made these numerous times and have always had great results! They turn out soft anf light! I follow the recipe exactly, except add 1 minute to the cooking time.
I am taking off a star from my rating- I had to throw out all but the 3 we ate. They deflated to an awful consistency. I'm sorry- had high hopes for these! These are yummy cookies- but they didn't set for me. I ended up with really big and gloppy cookies- they taste great, and are easy to do, but you need two hands and a washcloth to eat them. Also, I only ended up with 11 cookies. I used everything as stated, except my peanut butter was chunky. Thank you for sharing.
These are the easiest cookies to make and you CANNOT just eat one! Get your milk kiddies...these are YUMMY!