Recipe by internetnut
I made this for my family's Sunday Big Breakfast. My family loved this french toast. We thought it tasted so good. My 6 yrs old niece & 4 yrs old newphew woofed it right down, asked for a second helping and said this was so good. So we all renamed it Slammin Jammin French Toast. When I made these I used the strawberry jelly. I also used my Hamilton Beach griddle to brown them. I used Pam spray in place of the margarine. I browned them on each side for 2 minutes. I got this recipe from Tops courtesy of Skippy. You can use strawberry or raspberry in place of the grape jelly.
- 1⁄2 cup skippy creamy chunky peanut butter
- 8 slices bread
- 1⁄2 cup grape jelly
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine (spread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Evenly spread skippy creamy peanut butter on 4 bread slices, then spread jelly on remaining bread.
- Assemble sandwiches.
- Lightly dip sandwiches in eggs beaten with milk.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt spread over medium heat and lightly brown sandwiches, turning once.