Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens All-Time Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes, 1980. Again this is a favorite of my daughters'...and recipe requested by my oldest. WARNING: HIGH IN FAT
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, snipped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces linguine
- In skillet cook bacon till crisp; drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside. Cook onion and garlic in drippings until tender but NOT brown. Stir in butter till melted. Add clams and tuna; break tuna into chunks, along with bacon, olives,parsley, and pepper; heat through. Keep hot.
- Meanwhile cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Place in warm serving bowl. At the table, top pasta with hot seafood mixture; toss. Serve with lemon wedges and grated parmesan cheese.
I have made this several times- My aunt had this recipe years ago & it brings back wonderful memories.
It is fast, easy,& delicious, just the way it is. I have made some variations when meatless meals are called for. I add a can of anchovies instead of the bacon, & sometimes mushrooms as well.